Marks and Spencer Work Experience

As part of my university course, I had the chance to partake in a month work experience placement. This was very appealing to help me increase my practical experience of working in visual merchandising. Working with Marks and Spencer was highly productive as I got the chance to experience three different areas that contribute to being a visual merchandiser: regional window stylist, in store visual merchandiser and head office stylist.


The above photographs demonstrate my styling abilities during my time in the Pantheon store in London. I took part in a styling challenge which involved creating two looks using the Limited collection and two looks using M&S Woman clothing. This was to show the challenge of creating looks with fashion clothing for a younger audience compared to clothing for an older audience.



During time with the regional stylist I helped with the male window at Westfield White City. I had never really worked with menswear before so this gave me good experience with styling menswear and pinning it in the correct manor.



I also helped with the ladies window at White City which was displaying a window for mothers day. Styling these mannequins gave me good experience with how tight to pin when the clothing is targeted at an older audience. If this window was for a young adult then the nightwear would be pinned to look more form fitting but as they are for an older lady they need to be pinned only slightly to show a looser, more relaxed fit.


Comments

Popular Posts