Marks and Spencer External Display

On Saturday 26th April a style exhibition took place in the Centre MK which involved catwalk shows and different stores creating their own display areas. m&S had one which included a women's and men's style pod, a homeware pod, food pod and a beauty pod aswell as a section in the catwalk show. I was given the duty of creating looks showcasing three current trends: pastel, monochrome and bohemian. I had free reign so could put together what I liked which I really enjoyed as I could mix brands and really put my own twist on things and showcase M&S in a way that people may not be used to seeing them.


The first look I created was Monochrome. I went with a pair of gingham cropped trousers which are very on trend right now and paired them with a white crop top and black loafers. I felt they created a mod feel which I really liked as it is something very different for M&S. To accompany each trend I also had to put together a rail of clothing that reflected it to show people what other clothes we sell in store to entice them in.

The second look was for pastel in which I created a look for women's and menswear. I wanted them to complement each other without being over the top so I decided to link them with the use of yellow, in his jumper and her bag. I was really pleased with the looks as I think they create quite a subtle pastel message rather than in your face looks which presents the store better. I styled the ladies look with pink frilly socks to relay the socks and shoes trend and also the cardigan over the shoulders adds a relaxed high fashion edge. The male mannequin has the added extra of the hat in his hand to add a bit of extra style.

The final look was Bohemian with all pieces coming from the Indigo collection as I felt that the collection best conveyed the hippy vibe of Bohemia. I wanted the focal piece to be the maxi dress as it evokes the bohemian vibe to a tee so after I had that I dressed around it. I added a few layers to further evoke the trend then accessorised with bracelets and necklaces.

The final exhibition:

Comments

Popular Posts